Thursday, January 28, 2010

On Location in Coeur d'Alene

I'm live blogging at the movie set.

Funny, right? But true. Rich Flores, a KNIFVES member, has been filming his short "Shining Cuckoo" film these last few days. I volunteered to play an extra in the coffee shop scene. So here I am....

Right now, they're discussing when to film what when. They want a "master," and get the extras out of here faster, if possible.... No facial expressions from the people on the right side of the room... they won't even be there in Scene 11... More "master" discussion.... "Are they willing to stay?" They're willing to stay....

Where are the cops? (actually, there's one true one and one fake one, but they're both wearing local county sheriff outfits... oops, I mean uniforms... very authentic....)

Apparently the shoot at the jail a few towns over went wonderfully on Tuesday. I sort of wanted to go to that one... what with all the time I spend in jail and all.... (wait! no, not that - but because I'm a criminal defense lawyer!) - (only time I was ever in jail because of my own behavior wasn't even jail and wasn't even in the United States....) (okay, it was East Berlin, yes....)

And now, back to the live blogging at the Java coffee shop at 4th and Sherman in downtown Coeur d'Alene, Idaho....

Okay. So now, nothing is happening. Well, the make-up folks are powdering faces (Kathy and Katie Edwards, a mother-daughter team - both KNIFVES members) (KNIFVES being our local Inland Northwest movie networking group)... And all the camera guys. Paul and Pat, Mitchell... I overheard Rich say that I was a "primary," and, indeed, I'm sitting at a table that seems in a prime location... They've set me up on a date. His name is Lance. Not my hot yoga instructor Lance. But seemingly nice anyway.

Cords are being wound around... lights adjusted... people are wearing headphones around their necks.

Rich: "Ready?"

Oops. Looks like we're moving to formality. I should put the computer away, and flirt with my movie boyfriend... ta ta for now!

.....

Okay, I'm back. Briefly. We're at the tail end of the shoot. There's been dialogue, pretend talking (which is hard to do!) and close-ups on our looks of surprises. "Perfect," Rich said about the look on my face. I wonder what that means. I'll see when the movie comes out....

We all had our stories going. Lance - a self-published poet in love with... well, probably better not to spell that out. An Edgar Allen Poe type, suffice to say... All of us looking agape after Rich's shout-down. The two young baristas - doing a marvelous job! They actually work here... have been recruited for the scene.

I'm still here, waiting for a final shot. Apparently my hair needs to be here for when Rich exits the coffee shop to my right...

It's over. Done. It's a wrap. We are outta here!

Fun, every day, here in Coeur d'Alene!

No comments: