Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Head Songs

Back in December - between December 24 and December 30 - I woke up every morning to a song in my head. This happens sometimes, but not on a daily basis, and not for entire week. Each morning the song would be blasting in my head and I would be humming it throughout the morning. By about the fourth or fifth day of this, I decided to keep a list. And then on the sixth day, it was over. I'm not sure what the point was, of hearing these songs. Maybe there's a life theme that can be strung together? Hmmm....

Here they are, in order of appearance:

Christmas Eve: Chicago's 4th of July: "I've been waiting such a long time... for today" was the refrain I heard.
Christmas Day - "If you like it then you better put a ring on it" - Beyonce - heard that phrase over and over. Catchy.
Saturday after Christmas - Emmanuel - from a church service that I didn't actually attend... "Until the son of God appears..." - (was the phrase I heard as I woke up)
Sunday - "Man in the Mirror" - Michael Jackson ("... if you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make a - change...") (was the phrase)
Monday - Glee's version of "Don't Stop Believing" ("just a small town girl," and "a city boy" portion - "on and on and on...." with build-up percussion - ) by Journey....
Tuesday - "If You're Sleeping Are You Dreaming, If You're Dreaming Are You Dreaming Of Me" - Blue October. I love this song. That was the phrase I heard.

So, armchair psychologists out there. What does all that mean? And - it ended on the six day... What might the seventh day have held... or what does it hold now...

I'll be listening for more songs. Will let you know if any show up tomorrow. The seventh song. Will it appear?


photo credit: Liz Strnad, found here

No comments: