Friday, August 7, 2009

Heavenly Seventy

Ah, the weather. Finally a cooler trend.

The forecast today: 71. This is 30 degrees cooler than last weekend (when we reached 100), and more than 20 degrees cooler from two days ago. This makes my walking program that much more enjoyable. I've been doing pretty well with it. I took a hiatus last week for a few days (only coincidentally during the hottest days) because I realized I needed to give my home a spring cleaning (mid-summer). But I'm back in full swing step, prepared this time with special bandaids strategically placed where blisters likely will try to form.






Here's a photo from one of my walks of the volcanic rock that I mentioned is sprinkled throughout the South Hill. This home uses the rock as a decorative front lawn ornament.




















And here's a photo of the Spokane River, as it runs through the middle of downtown. (Had the weather not been 70 degrees, the title to this entry would have been "a river runs through it"). I took this photo from one of the downtown walking bridges that cross over the river, next to Riverfront Park. It's a little surprising that the river has this much water, this late in the summer...

No comments: