Sunday, April 21, 2013

Three Haiku - No, Four!

Did you know that the plural for haiku is "haiku"?

I just did a dance with a spider that attempted to wriggle out of the paper towel I was using to get him from the inside to the outside of my house.  (Of course it was a him!)  My dance started to sound a little like a haiku - you know, three lines with 5 syllables in the first line, 7 syllables in the second, and 5 syllables in the third... So I wrote one.  Then that haiku felt lonely, so I wrote another one.  And a third.

Wait - is that a fourth?

A lonely haiku
Had me write another one
And then another.

Here are the first three:

spiders are scary!
when they try to escape from
a Bounty-full jail

buckets of rain pour
from sky to rusty buckets
so rainbows emerge

just as night begins
a star shimmers to the west
adventure awaits


No comments: