Thursday, September 3, 2009

Hurry Up And Wait

The best laid plans...

I wrote on this blog, almost two weeks ago now, that the day after Labor Day would mark my big push to move my writing up and out. One thing has led to another, however, and I've decided to delay my move until the week of September 20th. Actually, it's a good idea. It gives me a chance to get some more feedback, and finalize my screenplay just a little bit more. It also lets me resolve some legal projects that are coming due in the next couple of weeks. (You remember - my day job?) So it's a good thing.

In the meantime, I've come up with a new screenplay idea. It's really good, though it's going to take some research. So I'm puttering around with that, content. And setting into visual place my next steps - step by step.

Oh - and I'm home from El Paso! Great trip. Great to be home. It was good to see the cats. Annie is next to me, holding vigil (as she does, when I write). (Okay, now Alex - who couldn't stand it, that Annie was sitting in such a privileged spot - has jumped up on my lap and is trying to curl up in my arms as I type. We're all in one chair out on the front porch - not even indoors on the couch, where there might have been space for this menagerie...)

No comments: