Monday, February 23, 2009

The Writing Class Saturday

Discussed here, I taught a writing class this past Saturday on turning a true story into literature. What a great day! We had nine participants total, all with varying goals, many with family stories (and other stories) to tell. The class was an overview, with the idea of having additional classes down the road, probably once a month or so, likely on Saturdays. I hope everyone had a great time. I know I did. I'm particularly looking forward to keeping in contact between classes, and having a back-and-forth exchange of ideas so people feel encouraged to get down on paper (or computer) the thoughts and stories that are coalescing in their minds.

As for my own writing: treatments are drafted here and there, and I started today on drafting the screenplay for my ice skater story. Wish me luck!

No comments: